Monday, June 13, 2011

PHO THI FUSION

Pho Thi Fusion is an asian fusion restaurant with a warm feel atmosphere surrounded by nicely done walls and mirrors that gives trendy looks. The place seemed a little crowded when I first entered through two tiny doors, but the place still managed to have a bar with asian imported beers and wine, several tables and a very loud kitchen. I was served by a kind waitress who explained what was on the menu and answered all my questions politely. She was very informed with regards to the menu as she said menu is the first thing she was trained in the beginning. The menu she gave me was the longest menu I’ve seen in my life. It was divided into 9 different categories with about 7 different recipes in each sections. No wonder the trainees have to learn the menu first! Sushi, First Impression, Salads, From The Wok, From The Grill, From The Hot Pot, Comfort, From The Hot Pot, Comfort, and Flair were a mix of asian foods but the Beverages and Sweet Temptation were not part of asian heritage food at all. It was kind of dissapointing to see that there were no asian desserts but it all made up because there were so many dishes to choose from other categories. Serving of the food took a bit long, but the ingredients were fairly fresh. When I asked a question about the ingredients, my server told me that they import frozen fishes. In overall, I recommend going to that restaurant again, because I would like to try other foods from another category.

 A savoury dish I had in the restaurant was spicy salmon from Maki Rolls (top left) and ebiten shrimp tempura from Specialty Rolls (bottom right). As you can see in the picture, both dishes were presented on one plate neatly. Spicy salmon had bits of crunchiness chunks inside and for someone who loves spices, it wasn't spicy at all, but was enough to make the taste less dull. Ebiten shrimp tempura was my favourite out of the two: the look were amazing, shrimps were cooked well, and a mix of avocado along with shrimps made a beautiful combination. They tasted perfectly fine although I would highly recommend to go to sushi bouffe restaurant next door if you are craving for sushi, because they have more varieties.

Unfortunately, there weren’t any desserts that were asian heritage recipes, so I chose to try the most popular dessert from Pho Thi Fusion instead, which was called Turtle cheesecake. As you can see in the picture, this is a recipe that is believed to have originated in ancient Greece. It was a caramel cheesecake with chunks of chocolate in between, bottom layer made out of chocolate, and top layer covered with pecans, chocolate mousse, ganache, chocolat chunks, and a final touch with finely shaped strawberry. The food wasn’t too sweet or too rich, but it definitely wasn’t memorable, because it was a dish I could have tried in other restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment